Understanding Rose Gold Plating
by Himanshu Walia on Sep 15, 2022
The current trend in jewellery is rose gold plating. Rose gold jewellery is not only attractive and suited to various skin tones but also inexpensive.
But despite the attractiveness of this glossy coating, you may question whether it's the best choice for you, particularly if you're going to spend a fortune on it. If these are among your concerns, you have come to the right place. This post will cover everything you want to understand regarding rose gold plating, including its quality and longevity.
What is Rose Gold Plating?
The alloy rose gold is composed of copper and gold. This mixture of metals generally comprises 75% gold and 25% copper, or 18K gold. The signiﬁcant copper percentage of the alloy gives rose gold plated pendant and jewellery its rose hue. Some jewellers might even opt to add silver to the mixture to lighten the pink hue.
This pink hue has rendered rose gold highly fashionable in the past few years. It is distinctive, stylish, feminine, and attractive in various tones. Today, all sorts of jewellery are available in rose gold, including earrings, rings and wedding bands.
Does Rose Gold Jewelry Tarnish?
When metal interacts with the chemicals in the air and starts to change colour and finally rust, this is known as tarnishing. Tarnish gives jewellery an unsightly, unclean look and creates an unpleasant coating on the surface that may be transferred to the skin. Generally, tarnishing is just an issue with low-quality jewellery. Rose gold alloyed with copper, pure gold, and silver does not tarnish. Therefore, you should not worry about your rose gold piece interacting with air pollutants and become tarnishing or rusting.
Does The Shade Of Rose Gold Change Overtime?
Rose gold doesn't tarnish, although its shade might change over time. Nevertheless, the shift is mild and slow. After several years, rose gold may become darker or somewhat more reddish in hue. This might take a whole lifetime for the tone to change. This is due to the copper in rose gold that gradually oxidizes and forms a rich patina.
What Is The Duration Of The Rose Gold Plating?
Some jewellers estimate that their gold-plated jewellery will remain rust-free for two to three years. However, the length of time before such jewellery begins to fade and lose its shine depends on various circumstances, such as the composition of your skin, how frequently or how regularly you use it, and how carefully you take care of it. Moreover, it begins to deteriorate unevenly, resulting in a spotted look on the jewellery.
Should You Buy Rose Gold Plated Jewelry?
If you want to Buy Rose Gold Jewellery online, you must buy it, and the reasons are as follows:
- Looks stunning: The pink-golden glitter of rose gold jewellery accentuates its attractiveness, making it a wonderful addition to any jewellery collection.
- Affordability: Light on your wallet, yet need something elegant? Rose gold-plated jewellery is an excellent choice. Whether you're searching for traditional rose gold ring or adorable earrings, you may discover a variety of affordable but beautiful pieces.
- Complements every skin tone: Rose gold jewellery complements all skin tones due to its golden sheen and rich pink tint. If you dislike the appearance of yellow gold on your complexion, choose gold-plated rose accessories instead!
- Perfect for any occasion: Are you searching for a minimalistic earring or a beautiful piece that will go well with your ethnic days? You can find them in rose gold. Also, the sparkle it will bring is unmatchable.
Caring For Your Rose Gold Plated Pendant Or Jewelry
Although rose gold plating will not endure over a few years, there are ways to maintain its beauty and sparkle for as long as feasible.
- Avoid wearing such jewellery in the sea or in swimming pools because chlorine and seawater will rapidly degrade the rose gold coating.
- Periodically remove your jewellery and clean it down. The sweat and oils produced by your skin might interfere with the rose gold plating's compounds and cause it to deteriorate.
- Remove your jewellery before sleeping and working out, and always put it back on after applying scent, lotion, or cream. After removing the jewellery, gently wash it clean to eliminate any residue that might lead it to tarnish.
- Ensure that you keep your jewellery away from harmful chemicals, especially cosmetics. Use skincare and makeup, wait for your skin to assimilate the products, and afterwards, put on the jewellery.
If you are searching for a pocket-friendly option, then you must buy rose gold pieces since they have numerous benefits. Moreover, you will fall in love with the stunning pieces and the glam they bring. If you are looking to Buy Rose Gold Jewellery, then browse Fashiony's rose gold collection.